The Decolonizing Economics Summit team is building a remote team of successful and enthusiastic organizers to develop the Decolonizing Economics Summit from April 20-22, 2023. We are looking for lead conference organizers for each of the following subcommittees:
Fundraising Lead Organizer: The Fundraising Lead Organizer will be responsible for generating and carrying out the recruitment plan to bring on board official sponsors. The Fundraising Lead Organizer will be focusing on outreach, working with our team to verify receipt of sponsorship payments, and assisting with general financial coordination.
Logistics Lead Organizer: The Logistics Lead Organizer will be responsible for developing and implementing a technical plan for hosting and carrying out the conference. We are looking for an organizer with experience putting on large conferences, remotely, for upwards of a few hundred participants.
Communications Lead Organizer: The Communications Organizer will be responsible for developing a unifying narrative strategy and generating outreach content. This will include emails to summit attendees, social media posts, and materials for our media contacts. Applicants must have experience working across media platforms and within the context of solidarity economy work, decolonizing activism, transformational organizing, higher education, or other related areas.
- Event planning, coordination, development and production, while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to the summit organizing team.
- Propose ideas to improve provided summit planning and quality.
- Organize all of the event’s details under respective organizer purview.
- Ensure accessibility and inclusion.
- Specify necessary working group support and coordinate their activities.
- Cooperate across working groups to develop, promote, and publicize the event.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Commit ~5 hours a week from January through April on summit activities.
- Proven experience as an Events Planner or Organizer.
- Portfolio of previously managed events or relevant experience.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Ability to build productive organizing relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- MS Office/Google Docs proficiency.
- Willing to submit references.
- Experience in solidarity economy work, decolonizing activism, transformational organizing, higher education, or other related areas.
- $2,000 stipend, to be paid following the completion of the conference.